500 E Broadway #4
Fairview, OK 73737

For emergencies dial 911
Office: (580) 227-4471

How do I get involved

The Major County Sheriff's Office provide many opportunities for the community to get involved.

Reserve Unit

The Major County Sheriff’s Office Reserves Unit help the community in many ways. From assisting with security at local events to assisting the department's full-time deputies, our reserve unit allows us to expand our force to cover Major County.

We will train, equip and deploy volunteer deputies sufficient to meet the response needs of the sheriff’s office. These reserve deputies will adhere to, and be accountable for all sheriff’s office policies, rules and regulations, standard operating procedures, and local, state and federal laws.

Reserve deputies functioning in an official capacity will be under the direction and charge of Sheriff Darin Reames and will subordinate themselves to the supervision of the sheriff’s office during their employment.

Victim Advocacy

The Major County Sheriff's Office heads a victim advocacy program to help the victims of crimes. Started by Sheriff Darin Reames and led by Misty Cell this program has become a useful resource for Major County to support its citizens.

To get involved with the Victim Advocacy Program watch for donation events, volunteer opportunities, and if you know someone that could use our services visit the victim advocacy page for additional information.

Send a Crime Tip

We do not recommend getting involved in an incident. The Major County Sheriff's Office relies on tips made by the public often to help solve crimes and to be made aware of crimes that happen in the county. If you have information about a crime that has happened recently send in your tip. It can be made anonymously if you choose.